Our 2019 event was a great success. Thanks to all of the performers and volunteers who pitched in to make our event fun and entertaining for all. This information will remain here for reference until pour 2020 event details are available. Check back this winter.
Ice Show Eligibility Requirements
To provide skaters with an opportunity to showcase their skills outside of large group numbers, show directors award Solo numbers, Duets, Trios, Small Groups, and Spotlight performances, to club members who meet level-specific qualifications.
In order to be eligible for these numbers in the 2019 ice show, skaters must have met or maintained the below outlined requirements or qualifications between July 1, 2018 and December 5, 2018 (the 2018-2019 competitive season).
Directors also reserve the right to invite participants, regardless of qualification or level, to skate in additional specialty or spotlight numbers at their discretion in order to preserve show quality, flow, and entertainment value.
- Current IceWorks Skating Club member in good standing or invited guest skater in good standing with his or her home club
- Must participate in 2 other group numbers
Solo Number (All 3 Shows):
- US National Championship Competitor or Qualifier, any discipline, at any level
- Junior/Senior, International Competitor at a Grand Prix, Challenger Series, or Junior Grand Prix event, any discipline
- Novice/Junior/Senior, WB Free Skate or Free Dance (Partnered), IJS Competitor(Short & Long)
- Novice/Junior/Senior, Solo Dance, National Combined Medalist
- Juvenile/Intermediate, WB Free Skate, Sectional Competitor
Solo Number (2 Shows):
- Intermediate/Novice, Ice Dance or Pairs, Sectional Competitor
- Juvenile/Intermediate, WB Free Skate, IJS Regional Competitor(Short & Long)
Solo Number (1 Show):
- Novice/Junior/Senior, Solo Free Dance, Test Passed
- Juvenile/I1termediate, WB Free Skate, IJS Competitor(Short & Long)
- Juvenile, Ice Dance or Pairs, Sectional Competitor
- Open Juvenile, WB Free Skate, Competitor
- Pre-Juvenile, WB Free Skate, Regional Competitor
- Preliminary, WB Free Skate, Regional Medalist/Final Round Qualifier
- Excel, Senior/Junior, Competitor
- Pre-Juvenile, WB Free Skate, Competitor
- Preliminary, WB Free Skate, Regional Competitor
- Pre-Preliminary, WB Free Skate, Regional Medalist/Final Round Qualifier
- Excel, Intermediate/Novice, Competitor
- Preliminary, WB Free Skate, Competitor
- Pre-Preliminary, WB Free Skate, Regional Competitor
- Excel, Preliminary Plus/Pre-Juvenile Plus/Juvenile/Juvenile Plus, Competitor
Open Auditions (“Try Outs”):
Based on performance needs of the show, directors may hold open audition sessions to allow skaters to “try out” to be considered for additional performance responsibilities. The purpose of these try outs is to fill any open or extra spots in specialty, group, and/or spotlight numbers at any level .
If determined necessary, auditions are open to the following skaters:
- Any WB Pre-Preliminary level competitor who wishes to be considered for open spots in additional numbers, eligibility-level upgrades, spotlight numbers, or general performance needs
- Any skater who has passed the Juvenile level or above Free Skate but has not competed at that level in this season
- Skaters who were injured and unable to compete during the 2018-2019 season
- Skaters at any level who are invited by the show directors
Show needs dictate the number and type of open spots, which can vary year to year. Assignments as a
result of auditioning are at the discretion of the show directors. Participation in the try out does not
guarantee a performance assignment.